Creating a website is quite easy. The real challenge lies in creating a strategy for making it an efficient viewer magnet. That’s why I’ve created a 52-step guide to draw more people to your website.
If you just do ONE of these a week, then you will smash your website views in a year.
1. Add a new resource to your website.
2. Add a post to a LinkedIn article.
3. Add “alt” tags to the images on your site.
4. Add an additional email to your autoresponder series.
5. Add more of your articles to an autoresponder series for new subscribers.
6. Add to the FAQ on your website.
7. Add your latest blog post to your Social profile page and add a bit.ly link to it.
8. Answer comments on your blog.
9. Ask for and then submit a guest blog post for publication.
10. Ask for shares, tweets and likes in communities and Facebook groups that you’re a member of (check and see if they have promo days).
11. Build a sitemap and submit it to Google Webmaster tools.
12. Check your RSS feed works.
13. Comment on other people’s blog posts (leave a comment at the bottom of this post and tell me what you would add).
14. Create a Checklist for your audience to use.
15. Create a Facebook group on the topic of your content and invite your readers to join.
16. Create a poll on Facebook or using Survey Monkey and discover the inner workings of your audience’s mind.
17. Create a SlideShow for a popular past blog, and then add it to Slideshare.
18. Create your own blog.
19. Create and run a Facebook advertisement, or boost a post to your audience.
20. Create and send out a press release to your local media.
21. Curate someone else’s content surrounding one topic and create a powerful resource that your audience will love.
22. Ensure that your site is mobile responsive.
23. Freshen up an older blog post with new information and re-publish it emphasising the newly updated area.
24. Get the Yoast SEO plugin.
25. Go on a guest post session and grow new friendships and contacts in the same industry as you.
26. Give your Google Plus profile a new lease on life, and then start a conversation with one circle that you have.
27. Give your profile on LinkedIn a makeover, and ask for recommendations.
28. Highlight and organise old blog posts surrounding a particular topic by creating a landing page for them.
29. Host a webinar and demonstrate your tips in action.
30. Interview a client or customer via a Google Hangout. Publish the video and transcript in a blog post.
31. Interview a vital industry person, a simple text interview or Google hangout on air and then create a blog post with the content.
32. Join Blog comment pod Facebook groups.
33. Newsjack industry news story and send it out via email.
34. Offer a free eBook to your audience in exchange for a social share.
35. Organise a targeted pinboard on Pinterest and pin relevant content. Embed the board on all the posts you have on that topic.
36. Participate in online forums; remember to add a link in your bio, if it’s allowed.
37. Promote your content on social media channels where your ideal customers are.
38. Refresh all the images on your website. Swap them out for some next exciting ones, or seasonal ones. You’re only limited by your imagination.
39. Search for other bloggers in your niche as well as influencers and build a friendship.
40. Search the hashtag for your topic and answer questions on the subject.
41. Share another influencers’ content with your audience and explain why it’s useful or important.
42. Sign up for Sumo.com. It’s amazing.
43. Start a podcast and talk about your blog posts.
44. Start an expert panel series of webinars, hangouts, or blog posts. Everyone loves a series, just ask Netflix.
45. Take a topic, and then research a few blogs on the subject. Add them to a post on your blog. KEY: remember to add your thoughts – that’s what makes it truly valuable and original.
46. Tie a holiday into your promotional content. There’s nothing like celebrating national beekeeping day or national tomato soup day.
47. Transcribe interviews to text and publish them. If you have a series, create a mini-eBook and add it to a post with a content locker in it.
48. Turn a fact-based data-driven blog post into an infographic. Remember to pin it after you’ve published it.
49. Turn a favourite blog post into a video, and then add the video to the blog post.
50. Use Canva.com to grab a quote to share on social media, remember to add your URL to the image, save it on your phone, and upload it to Instagram.
51. Update your Facebook page profile and remember to check that the links on your page and your contact button works.
52. Update your Pinterest profile. Updating exciting pins On Pinterest helps a lot.
Remember, you’ll still need to promote the content that you create to get maximum benefit from it. You can automate some of the material with promotional aspects using a tool like MissingLettr.
Getting more traffic to your website is secure. All you need to do is make sure your content is quality. If not, your bounce rate is going to be sky high.